- Very safe - it's a Volvo after all
- Quiet + Comfortable - perfect for a daily commute when you're 40 or above ;)
- Luxurious - ideal for a great "boyz with toyz" feeling
- Lots of space under the hood and in/under the trunk for batteries
- Good aerodynamics
- It's heavy.. 1630kg / 3600lbs. Hence it requires a more expensive motor, controller and more batteries and in the end more electricity.
- Lot's of electronic gadgets and support systems whitch have to be integrated with the new solution somehow (automatic engine start, BLIS, ABS, Traction Control, Cruise Control, SIPS, Airbags, motorized xenon lights, seat heating, seat ventilation, navigation system, etc.). This certainly requires custom tools to integrate them on the CAN bus and also a reliable and powerful 12V supply.
So, for this winter, I'll drive her with the ICE to make final preparations and in spring 2013, I hope to start taking her apart - for a new beginning.
With some luck, this sedan hits the streets again before the Tesla S does ;)